Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why I'm not a wedding/event planner...

I know I've been MIA in the blog world for a while. I have been very busy learning an important lesson. I am a cake person...not a planner.
Planners pull together huge events, coordinate large groups of people (who sometimes don't get along) and pull off a tremendous party without breaking a sweat. They make it look easy......

It's NOT!

Ok, I'll get on with it. I was in charge of the Annual Progressive Christmas Dinner for our woman's church group. I love these ladies and I wanted this to be perfect. We were going to be eating at three different homes. I had to plan the program, meal, and decorations for three separate locations. One was actually a beautiful barn where we ate by candle and lantern light. I am so happy with how it came out. It was wonderful and I had so much help from some dear friends. When I took on this project I had no idea just how long it would take. I cannot tell you how many hours were spent working on this. Basically, I had no time to blog until it was finished.

The lesson I learned: Planners are invaluable! You will never know all the work that is being done behind the scenes. They make it look easy, non stressful, and fun. That's an optical illusion, they are actually working their butts off and putting their blood sweat and tears into making a perfect event seem like a breeze. Planners...my hat is off to you!
Kristy

No comments: